The New England Home Care & Hospice Conference and Trade show will begin May 16 with a half-day pre-conference program, Meeting the Dementia Care Challenge in Home Care. It will be presented by Amy Matthews, a Dementia Coach with the New York City-based professional education firm Engaging Alzheimer’s.
Explore how dementia-related behaviors complicate care and impact health outcomes. Acquire the tools necessary to improve care for your patients.
Clinical and private duty staff will:
- Define the various manifestations of dementia
- Expand communication skills and behavior interventions
- Explore emotional, social, physical and financial impact on the family
- Develop techniques to involve families in caregiving and for training agency staff
- Engage in interactive modules using real life examples & case studies
Register for this pre-conference program separately or for a discounted rate when you attend the full conference May 16-18 at Foxwoods in Mashantucket, CT.
The NEHCC is the region’s premier event for home care and hospice agencies. It’s hosted by the six New England state home care associations, which collectively represent nearly 400 organizations. This year, the conference returns to the Foxwoods Resort & Casino on May 16 – 18, 2016. Information about the conference is available at www.nehcc.com. You can also register for the conference, download its brochure, learn about our sponsors, or follow its tweet.